Job Reference Number 188/2
Business Development Manager
London & Surrounding Areas Full time £34 – £38,000 Per annum. Uncapped Commission, vehicle & benefits
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager to join their growing Sales team. Reporting to the Head of Contract Sales, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business with end users, Electrical Contractors and Consultants who require Active Fire Protection Systems.
You will be in contact with them to help with the specification process until sale and have excellent Fire Alarm Systems sales and design experience. You will be responsible for attracting new business whilst managing existing accounts to up-sell our existing product and service offerings across the client’s portfolio, with a specific focus on the East Anglia Region.
You will have a history of achieving targets with a combination of large and small contracts, as well as being able to generate new business sales from leads and have previous experience of bringing in projects for your past employer. This role ideally requires someone with a good client base and someone who can hit the ground running.
- You will have experience designing specifications to BS5839, BS6266 and BS7273 Fire Alarm Standards
- Consistently achieve sales, revenue and margin targets with key focus on but not restricted to contractors and consultants
- Focus on contractors and consultants
- Activity Driven (with a Hunter Approach)
- Collate appropriate information and ensure all correct documentation utilised
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- To attend sales appointments with a view to selling all the Company’s products and services
- Identify target accounts for new business generation
- Develop account strategies to maximise sales opportunities
- Ensure optimum cross selling activity
- Provide reliable sales forecasts to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis
Our client deliver professional design, supply, installation and commissioning, through to ongoing maintenance and monitoring. We maintain the capability to help prevent, detect and monitor your fire and security risks, ensuring our loyal and ever-growing customer base receive a world class service through compliance and best practice.
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry and specific contracts, if successful, we will need to complete a number of background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks.