Start Date (non-permanent) 25-05-2022
Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 152/22
Project Commissioning Engineer
The majority of this role will be based in or around Cambridge
Due to company growth, we are now seeking a self-motivated Project Commissioning Engineer to technically engineer / install and manage small and large projects across the our portfolio whilst controlling and planning the projects and commissioning works.
Liaise with key clients to ensure programme deadlines are achieved whilst maintaining profitability, Health, Safety and quality to company requirements. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and on programme
- Ensuring full communication with the customer, outlining any delays or issues and ensuring that they are fully aware of the project
- Planing and controlling labour and materials required to deliver the project and processing cost sheets to purchasing department
- Ensuring all engineering paperwork is allocated to the engineers and, following project completion, ensuring that the commissioning has been completed correctly
- Attending site meetings and providing technical expertise on projects as required
- Line management of engineers and sub-contractors as assigned
- Managing job profitability of assigned projects and reporting into the project manager
- Controlling all aspects of health and safety on sites as well as ensuring the maintenance of the company’s quality and HSE standards
- Managing and developing complex cause and effect in line with customer specifications
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual that relish’s a challenging environment. You must have good communication skills and technical knowledge of large fire alarm systems and projects.
Our ideal candidate has;
- Extensive experience in the fire Industry
- Experience of engineering projects across single and multiple site locations.
- Demonstrable technical experience with good interpersonal skills.
- Gent Vigilon detailed knowledge and experience
- Complex cause and effect experience
- Electrical experience
- Experience in engineer management
- Experience in site safety
- ECS / CSCS
What we Offer
As part of our projects team you will have fantastic opportunities to progress and grow through the team and through the business. 95% of our managers on this team have started off in this role and worked their way up to managerial positions. Our ethos is to promote from within and with how vastly the Marlowe Group is growing, your progression opportunities are endless.
You will also have access to some great benefits including:
- Company Van or Car & Fuel Card or Car Allowance
- Company Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Overtime – midweek and Saturday afternoon is paid at x1.5, Saturday evening and Sunday is paid at x2.
- Travel Time paid
- Royal London Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance – 4 x Annual Salary
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Birthday Holiday
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service
- Development and progression opportunities
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry and specific contracts, if successful, we will need to complete a number of background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks.