Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 46/21
- Analysing Information
- Reporting Research Results
- Strategic Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of residential construction processes
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- Responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with products or services.
- He or she will do this by working out how much a project is likely to cost and create budgets accordingly
- The role involves assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
- Understanding and managing and exceeding client expectations whilst making profit
- Understand scope of work to bid.
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Review and evaluate cost estimates.
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Prepare cost analysis.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents and identifies labour, material and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Running the weekly payroll for operatives using Sage 50 Payroll and Sage 50 Accounts.
- Completing Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for clients to enable us to be set up on their list of approved contractors – answering questions regarding Health and Safety, Environmental Policies, Quality Policies, Date Protection etc.
- Sending clients new copies of our insurances, policies and accreditations when they are due to expire.
- Yearly accreditation applications for CHAS/ Constructionline.
25 days holidays plus stats
10% annual bonus paid in December