Job Reference Number 24/21
A general overview:
Once the scope of works has come through from the client and the designer has completed the design part the next stage is to build of the product on site, the majority of the parts are bought in and therefore very little fabrication. The product will be built and tested prior to installation on site.
Time in the factory and on site can vary depending on the job size. You will be expected to deal with any issues that may arise on site and will be able to perform any minor fabrication amendments.
You will have a strong background in clean works and working in stainless steel.
Excellent basic salary with guaranteed overtime (first 7 hours paid at 1 and 1/3 anything additional paid at 1 and 1/2) and annual company bonus in line with company performance.
Main Purpose of Job:
Fabrication, assembly, testing, installation and commissioning of conveyor / materials handling
Production Engineering Manager (Internal & External)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Mechanical assembly and testing of conveyor / materials handling systems
- Install and commission conveyor / materials handling systems at customer’s sites
- Fabrication and welding of base frames and other fabrications
- Effectively communicate and escalate build and installation issues to the rest of the business
- Maximise the number of productive hours & help to ensure all target hours are met
- Advise the Design Team of issues and improvements in order to continuously improve drawings standards and minimise the chance of reoccurring mistakes
- Communicate lessons learnt and potential new sales enquiries / leads to the rest of the business
- Demonstrate good HSE practices and ways of working at all times.
- Help and support Apprentices home and improve their skills
- Ensure you represent the company’s best interests on site
- Be the point of contact on site with client and company
Key Qualifications / Personal Skills:
- Excellent Engineering/ Technical Skills
- Qualified scaffold erection, FLT licence, Scissor-Lift licence (desirable)
- Trained in Manual Handling
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable approach to work and problem solving
- Excellent team working skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skill
- You must have a driving licenses
- You must be willing to travel around the UK on site