Start Date (non-permanent) 03-05-2022
Salary / Hourly Rate TBC
Number of positions 3
Job Reference Number 193/22
We are currently recruiting all over the UK for qualified and competent Minor Works Engineers within the Fire and Security Industry
13 locations from various locations in England.
Multi-disciplined Fire & Security projects, installations, minor works, and services to both commercial, private and domestic sectors.
Minor Works Engineer Reading/Swindon
Minor Works Engineer East Midlands
Minor Works Engineer North London (N,NW,RM,IG,HA,EN,WD)
Our clients Systems
We deliver a full fire and security solution for some of the most well-recognised brands throughout the UK.
- Fire: Gent, Notifier, Kentec, Ziton, Advanced, Morley, C-Tec, Protec
- Intruder: Galaxy, Texecom, Scantronic, Menvier, Risco
- CCTV: Hikvision, Dahua, Bosch, Generic Analogue Systems
- Access Control: Paxton, PAC. Salto
The position will involve working closely with the Minor Works Team on all projects from inception through to completion on CCTV
Access Control, Intruder and Fire Alarm Systems. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Lead Engineer on all troublesome sites, including any critical issues.
- Working closely with sub-contract labour and onsite clients.
- Maintaining Fire & Security Systems in your region when demand requires.
- Responding to service calls on all types of Fire & Security systems in line with current standards and customer requirements.
- Maintaining effective communication with customers and schedulers when planning site visits.
- Utilise all customer portals as directed by your Lead Engineer in accordance with the customer requirements.
- Take ownership of all customers in relation to all aspects of service delivery.
- Assisting the team in any other works.
- From time to time, you may be required to support the Service Engineers on particular jobs, and occasionally work slightly out of your designated post-code area.
Who are we looking for
We are seeking someone with a proven record of working on small, medium and large CCTV, Fire, Intruder and Access Systems.
- Knowledge of current industry standards and able to commission multi-disciplined systems.
- Experience of working in a similar role previously
- Self-motivated and able to organise workload, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good knowledge of Fire and Security Systems
- Experience of front-line customer contact and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Highly organised, professional and computer literate.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What we Offer
Multi-disciplined Minor Works Engineers are integral to our business, without them, we couldn’t support our customers development and growth. We recognise this importance by offering incredibly competitive basic salaries, as well as commission on all installs, overtime, call-out, and travel time.
As part of the team you will have access to some great benefits including:
- Competitive basic salaries (varied, subject to single/multi-disciplined experience)
- Competitive & Uncapped OTE through our Engineer Incentive Scheme.
- Company Vehicle and Fuel Card
- Company Tablet and Mobile Phone
- Paid Travel Time
- Overtime – Average overtime earnings of our Minor Works Engineers equates to an average 12.5% of basic salary
- Standby payments for on call support
- Royal London Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance – 4x Annual Salary
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service
- Development and progression opportunities