Start Date (non-permanent) 25-05-2022
Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 172/22
Mechanical Fitters Mate
Based in Wellingborough, National Coverage
Due to an increased workload, we are looking for a Mechanical Fitters Mate to work side by side with one of our experience suppression engineers in our Install Department. You duties will include:
- Assisting the engineers with installation of fire suppression equipment
- Working on a wide range of specialist suppression projects.
- Working on a range of pipe joining techniques, utilising a wide range of materials including Pipe installation and pipe frame building.
- You will be taught everything that you need to know to become a successful suppression engineer which will lead to further responsibility and ownership of your own jobs and Van.
- The role will involve working at height, UK travel and the flexibility to stay away from home when required.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is keen to learn and would like to get a knowledge in the fire and security industry.
- Some experience/knowledge of pipe fitting would be great. If you have done a pipe course, that would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Flexibility to travel and to stay away from home when required.
- Hard working and comfortable in a physically demanding role. Ideally you will have worked in a physically demanding role previously.
- The want to learn and progress. We can train you and teach you everything you know but we need you to want to learn and have the tenacity to learn the trade and progress into a suppression engineer.
- Based in Wellingborough to ideally pair you up with your mentor.
What the client is offering:
- Travel Time paid
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service
- Development and progression opportunities