Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 32/21
Reporting To – Design Manager
Main Purpose of Job – Mechanical design of bespoke materials handling and automation systems
Our client is looking for someone who is confident in their abilities and also work from the 3D sketch, which is top down software, this is not a process used by many companies training will be given however some knowledge of this would be a distinct advantage.
A graduate would be ideal however the position is open to the right person for the company and there is every possibility for the right person to be able to grow with he company to a lead designer if they work and show the relevant attributes.
- You must be passionate and forward thinking.
- Hungry to evolve and grow in terms of knowledge and design build.
- Keen interested in engineering and pushing the boundaries.
The software Inventor Professional 2021
You will be an integral and key member of the team, providing innovative design concepts, value engineers solutions ideas and manufacturing drawing packages using Autodesk Inventor 3D and AutoCAD 2D CAD software.
You will work on and be a key driver on multiple bespoke projects, working on and implementing a variety of solutions from proposal and concept design throughout to production and installation.
You will identify suitable suppliers for special parts and equipment, along with implementing accurate working assembly drawings, cutting lists and BoM’s.
It will also be a requirement for you to travel to sites for design survey and follow up visits.
You must be an excellent communicator with excellent mechanical and preferably pneumatic design skills.
Furthermore, you must enjoy working within a team and be flexible in your approach to tackling problems and issues.
Specific Actions & Requirements
- Competent in the use of Autodesk Inventor 3D / AutoCAD 2D CAD software.
- Well-developed mechanical and pneumatic design skills.
- Experience within the automation and materials handling/ conveying industry.
- Accurate implementation of BoM’s, Drawings, User Manuals & Technical Files.
- Conduct and accompany the Sales Team on Site Surveys & Feasibility Studies
- Support the Sales Team by producing Layout Proposals and Quotation Drawings.
- High level of commercial awareness and understanding of cost constraints
- Ability to work to deadlines and tight time constraints
- Ability to ensure outputs are right first time and to high quality standards
- Offer support to the Estimating/Sales Team when costing proposed system solutions.
- Flexible approach to tackling and resolving problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills
- Highly professional individual with a positive, can do attitude
- Very well organised, efficient and able to deliver quality results even when working against tight deadlines and budgets
- Hunger and drive to succeed in a fast-paced industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable approach to problem solving
- Able to understand the importance of following business procedures and can interpret and adapt these to new situations
- High levels of literacy and numeracy
Salary is determined on experience and negotiable