Job Reference Number 113/22
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Site Service Engineer on a permanent basis. They specialise in the supply of bespoke, fully automated, industrial bakery equipment, to the UK Bakery and Food Industries. Suppliers of new, used and refurbished bakery equipment, they work with small baker’s right through to industrial plants. They are passionate about the bakery industry and have worked with some big companies over the past 10 years. This is ideal for someone who has gained experience in the engineering field or has just finished an engineering apprenticeship and are looking for a new role.
- Conduct systematic and rigorous fault diagnosis to accurately identify the root causes of performance issues.
- Provide a detailed assessment and report of any findings.
- Identify and carry out continuous improvement activities.
- Repair, maintenance and installation of machinery.
- Health and Safety (Working within the company’s policy on H&S at work).
- Conduct safety risk assessments prior to any maintenance/repair work.
- Identify potential operational safety risks and take necessary actions to remove hazards.
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in a safe condition.
- Manage the PAT testing program.
- Quality Compliance (Working within the company’s Quality Management Systems).
- Regularly review equipment SOPs and maintenance requirements to ensure they remain relevant and effective.
- Provide asset and engineering subject matter expertise.
- Liaise with engineering colleagues on a regular basis to communicate equipment status, performance against the required schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hands on mechanical skill gained with a maintenance relating role.
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office family of products
- Experience of Maintenance Management Systems & software.
- Asset management knowledge
- A form of mechanical certification, i.e apprenticeship, or NVQ level 3, or BTEC or ONC etc
- Attitude to learn and flex when required
- An opportunity to grow with the business if desired.
- 5% pension scheme.
- Work-life balance (if you can be flexible with them, they will be with you too)
Salary – negotiable