Job Reference Number 76/21
We are seeking an Estimator with a minimum of five years’ experience working within the Passive Fire Protection sector, as well as possessing a level of understanding of current fire legislation and standards along with the various types of systems available and in use within the sector and their specific applications. A technical knowledge of passive fire protection and fire doors is essential.
We are a market leader in fire protection solutions to the leading industrial sectors, such as housing associations and construction projects, working with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our growth plans for its range of bespoke solutions in the UK market. As a result of growth, we would like to appoint a new estimating individual to help drive and deliver our strategy for the UK business.
You will represent the company while developing business relationships. This is an ideal position for a hands-on estimator who wishes to apply their business acumen and expertise within a high-growth specialist.
You will be an experienced estimator with a proven track record of success. You will be energetic, enthusiastic and intelligent, with a real passion to develop a high performing and responsive internal and external team.
- Preparing tenders for application
- Using information from surveys and liaising with suppliers to price projects
- Visiting sites to develop an understanding of the works required
- Liaising with our Contracts Managers and Sales team to ensure works run smoothly and efficiently
- Attending pre-contract meetings and liaising with clients where necessary
- An excellent relationship builder, possessing extensive experience of business-to-business consultation up to senior executive level, delivering high value contracts via the tender, proposal and presentation process
- A focused team player with strong business acumen, able to make a significant contribution to the team and organisational strategy
- Extensive experience of contractual negotiation, tenders and terms
- A proven track record in major pricing discussions with clients
- A passion to grow the business.
- A graduate of estimating professional caliber, with a consistent career history gained within a specialist market in the Construction/Building/Architectural Materials or Fire Protection Solutions sectors
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 working days’ sick pay
PAY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE