Job ID 22648
Number of positions 2
Job Reference Number 199/22
Our client is seeking to employ a proactive, flexible, and reliable fire engineer based around the London or Bicester area, who ideally already have experience in a similar role and possess a recognised fire safety engineering qualification.
Working across a variety of projects both autonomously and as part of a wider team, tasks you will be required to undertake as part of your role include:
• Developing fire safety plan mark-ups
• Undertaking fee proposals
• Fire safety advisory work
• Fire safety training
• Fire Safety Strategy development
• Construction phase fire safety strategy reports
• Healthcare (HTM 05) support/advisory and Authorising Engineer (Fire) support
We’re looking for an individual with a proven background in fire safety and involvement and/ or recognition with a professional body.
This is an important role within the business, and we strive to ensure that high quality standards are maintained at all times, from the initial enquiry through to the final submission of each report and the provision of continued support thereafter.
Qualifications and experience:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering (specifically, mechanical, structural or a similar field)
• A postgraduate fire engineering qualification (certificate, diploma or masters)
• Working towards or have achieved Chartership with IFE (Institute of Fire Engineers)
• Liaise directly with client and project stakeholders
• Support design teams in a suitable format (reporting, marked up drawings, meetings, telephone calls)
• Have a clear understanding of fire safety issues and provide well supported fire engineered solutions through the selection of appropriate options, methods and tools
• Strive for effective design through the application of fire engineering principles rather than code compliance
• Work reliably with others, manage your time effectively and operate within the limits of competency
• Contribute to sustainable development and the evolution of the fire engineering discipline
• Ensure records are maintained to ensure that the company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met
• Undertake other duties within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time
Offering a diverse portfolio of work, we’re proud to work closely with our client base to ensure that we deliver the very best support and solutions available. With this in mind, we expect you to be:-
• Extremely passionate about fire safety, helping our clients to achieve compliance with relevant legislation, guidance and best practice through expert judgement and risk assessment
• You will need to possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work with clients in a friendly and supportive manner, as well as effectively managing your workload on time and in line with deadlines
• Communicative, organised and committed
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development
• Interest in and ideas for improving the fire safety industry
• Ability to generate work through client relationships
• Membership with a professional body such as the IFE
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with regards to Microsoft Word / Outlook and Bluebeam
In return, we offer a competitive salary and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation
• Including generous holidays
• Company pension
• Discounts on high street shopping
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection, and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy.
Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing more than 1,400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7,000 customers.