Start Date (non-permanent) 25-05-2022
Salary / Hourly Rate Up To £32,000 Per Annum.
Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 160/22
Fire Door Inspector / Surveyor
Home Based – UK Wide Full time Up to £32,000 per annum, Vehicle, Fuel Car, PDA, Pension
The Fire Door Surveyor will be an expanding role and your duties will develop as the Passive Division expands. Installation of fire doors is as life critical as the product specification itself and should be carried out by someone who is competent, has been specifically trained to install fire doors and understands their responsibilities in getting it right. Fire doors that are incorrectly installed and fitted with incompatible components invalidate certification and will not provide adequate protection for occupants or the building
- Inspect and survey Fire Doors in a competent manner
- Provide a full report and recommendations following the inspection.
- Identify labels, CE marks and Plugs to show that a door is certified.
- Ensure that the choice of Frame/lining/casing and intumescent smoke seals are compatible.
- Identify that the frame specification is correct for the door’s rating.
- Understand the regulations relating to the gap allowance between door and frame.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Strong familiarity and capabilities of Fire Doors include Roller Shutters and Steel Doors
- Good knowledge and understanding of Timber Fire Doors and associated furniture.
- Have an extensive knowledge of BRE, BM Trada, FIRAS or FDS equivalent.
- To have a good understanding of BS8214 and BS9999.
What we offer
As part of the team you will have access to some great benefits including:
- Competitive Remuneration Package, subject to experience.
- Company vehicle & Fuel Card
- Company PDA
- Company Supplied Tools
- Development and progression opportunities