Start Date (non-permanent) 25-05-2022
Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 176/22
Fire Alarm Engineer
North West Full time Up to £30,000 plus commission, travel time, van and generous package
Our client specialises in the delivery of planned and corrective maintenance of fire detection systems and portable extinguishers. The Client’s Protection’s strength is driven through an aggressive digital marketing strategy which is supported by a very responsive and agile sales and service delivery model. While the majority of our client’s operational resources are based around Birmingham, we provide national coverage through our reactive delivery model.
What you will be doing:
We are now seeking a self-managing, enthusiastic, innovative and dynamic individual to join us as a Fire Alarm Engineer. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining portable fire extinguishing systems in line with current standards and customer requirements
- Maintaining and servicing fire alarms across a wide range of systems across multiple customer locations. requirements
- Responding to demand service calls on all types of fire extinguishers and alarms
- Planning and implementing routine and demand call visits for your area
- Delivering a first-class customer service to all our customers
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar role previously although this is not essential.
Due to the nature of our business, we are open to candidates from all levels of experience and we are happy to train you from the ground up. This is a fantastic learning opportunity and would be the perfect fit for somebody who is looking to get into a career within the fire industry. You will need:
- Some experience as an electrician or a knowledge/understanding of electrics is essential
- You must be comfortable in a sometimes physically demanding role
- You must be eager to learn and ready to work hard in order to achieve a competent level of work in which you can start to work autonomously.
- You must have some flexibility to travel. Although this role is based in the West Midlands, it is a national role and will require occasional UK travel. In the future, we aim for this role to be solely regional however,
- for now, you need to be comfortable to travel.
- Full, clean UK driving Licence is essential.
What we offer
As well as extremely competitive basic salaries you will have access to great benefits including:
- Company Van & Fuel Card
- Company Mobile Phone and Tablet
- Fantastic, Uncapped commission structure in which you earn 4% of your total monthly revenue
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Fantastic development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to be put through industry specific courses and qualifications
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry and specific contracts, if successful, we will need to complete a number of background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks.