Number of positions 1
Job Reference Number 181/22
Manchester & Home Based (Hybrid) Car or Car Allowance, fuel card and generous package
Role Purpose & Accountabilities
You will assist in the development of all sector and service line business development campaigns and will support in delineating best practice throughout the Company and Division. The Department plays a pivotal role in shaping and driving the Company’s growth:
- Manage a team to effectively deliver the Company bid activity. Providing training and 1-2-1 support as required for their development.
- Define and disseminate bid best practice on an industry and regional level to the Company and Division
- Be responsible for implementing, overseeing, and enforcing the Bid Management Process
- Support in the continuous development of the Bid Department, to generate more efficient ways of working and increase success
- Undertake market intelligence and competitor analysis projects to ensure competitiveness is maintained across Service contracts.
- Work alongside all key stakeholders to win new business and successfully retain existing maintenance contracts through re-tenders and renewals
- Monitor and utilise company standardised reporting establish key indicators, vertical sector trends and profitability
- Be responsible for the completion of ASQs, PQQs, ITT / RFP responses and major Bid/Sales Proposals.
- Generate effective, bespoke costing models to secure opportunities
- Attend interviews and presentations in support of bids
- Be responsible for implementing, overseeing, and enforcing the Service Mobilisation Process
- Chair weekly meetings with the Mobilisation Team
- Provide support and guidance to the wider Sales, Account Management and Operational Teams
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an exceptional and experienced Big Manager (or similar) with the ability to quickly grasp the Company’s business activities, operating procedures and processes and gain a good understanding of the industry and marketplaces in which it operates.
- Experience of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines.
- Ability to persuade, influence and challenge in a constructive manner and identify appropriate solutions.
- Commercial, tender, business development, sales or marketing background
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Learning and researching
- Commercial thinking
- Ideally educated to a degree level (or equivalent).
What we offer
As part of the team you will have access to some great benefits including:
- £40,000 plus bonus with an OTE of £50,000
- Car or Car Allowance, fuel card and generous package
- Life Assurance
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Birthday Holiday
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service (up to 25 days)
- Development and progression opportunities
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry and specific contracts, if successful, we will need to complete several background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks. Your working hours will be Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30am – 5pm.